Tuesday 15 October 2013

Rice Krispy Treats with a Hint of Biscuit Spread

Today I had a little surprise visit from my cousins and as the weather wasn't exactly great, we decided to stay indoors and make some cakes. As I had a abundance of marshmallows we decided to make Rice Krispy Treats. They are really easy and quick to make which is perfect when you have hungry little mouths to feed.

Prep time:5 minutes        Cook time: 10minutes          Cool time:20 minutes approx.

Makes 9 large squares on 12 smaller squares.

Ingredients:
150g Rice Krispy's or any puffed cereal
210g Marshmallows, (they do not have to be white, I used a mixture of pink and white mini marshmallows)
45g Butter
1Tbsp Biscuit Spread (I used Lotus)
Chocolate chips (to decorate)
6 squares of chocolate

 
 
First you will need to line a baking tin otherwise you will never get these sticky morsels out. I used an 7in rectangular baking tin but you could use any size which you have, depending on how thick you want them to be.
 
 
 
 

Then you will need to get a big enough pan which will fit all of the marshmallows and they Rice Krispys.
Its important that you put the butter in the pan first then the marshmallows on top otherwise you will end up with burnt marshmallows on the bottom.
Put the pan with the butter and the marshmallows over a low heat and stir continuously until you end up with what the picture shows above.
 
 
Then grab a tablespoon and spoon a big dollop of the biscuit spread in the marshmallow goodness and stir in until it is evenly melted.
 
 

Next, take the pan off the heat and add your rice Krispys. ( see why I said make sure you have a big enough pan)


Once all of the Rice Krispys have had an evenly coating of the marshmallow mixture, tip into your lined baking tin and allow to sit for 2 minutes otherwise it will be impossible to try and spread out. once it has cooled a little bit, spread to the sides of the tin and sprinkle a heavenly handful (Or 2) of milk chocolate chips. on top.























Once the mixture has cooled completely, melt the 6 squares of chocolate in the microwave. My microwave is a 650 watt so I melted for 1 minute, stirred then melted for a further 20 seconds. (times will vary depending on the watt of your microwave)














When your chocolate has melted, it is then time to drizzle (generously) over the top of your Rice Krispy Treats. Im gutted I didn't manage to get a picture, mid drizzling.
Leave to set and then you can cut into squares (I will let you determine the size of each square)













Bon appetite.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your feedback so please leave a message and I will reply as soon as I can. Thank you.